By Richard Holt
Navigating the Records - Royal Marines
 Discovery, The National Archives, available at: https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/, accessed: 22nd June 2022.
 Garth, Thomas, Record of the Royal Marines, PRO Publications, 1994. [Note: The fold-out appendix is between pages 54 and 55.]
 How to look for records of… Royal Navy ships’ log books, The National Archives, available at:
https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/royal-navy-ships-voyages-log-books/, accessed: 22nd June 2022.
 Cock, Randolph & Rodger, N. A. M, A Guide to the Naval Records in The National Archives of the UK, The Institute of Historical Research and The National Archives, 2006.
Other Useful Guides and Information
- Pappalardo, Bruno, Tracing Your Naval Ancestors, Public Record Office, 2003.
- Brooks, Richard & Little, Matthew, Tracing Your Royal Marine Ancestors: A Guide for Family Historians, Pen & Sword, 2008.
- Van der Merwe, Pieter, A Refuge for All: A Short History of Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich Hospital, 2010.
- Rodger, N. A. M, Naval Records for Genealogists, Public Record Office, 1998.
- How to look for record of… Royal Marines officers, The National Archives, available at: https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/royal-marines-officers/, accessed: 22nd June 2022.